the experiment of planting something on our iny balcony was fun
we really have some great red hot peppers, and the squash- plant had lots of nice flowers, and gave birth to one fruit which actually looks like a pumpkin and is pretty hard- I´ll guess, we´ll taste it and decide then what we think it might be most. we proudly present:
Yesterday night i found a good board on the street, I brought it with home to see if I can build something "kitchen working space" with it- we sawed it, covered it with adhesive book-foil and put in a grand-mommy- style some fabric to it
I really like the experiment to try building just with things we find or we already have at home, Re-use!
what also happened
I´ve been lately on a concert of the Band efterklang
I haven´t heard music like that for a while
8 people, all playing different instruments and all singing , partly like a choir, man it´s been beautiful
and
what i lately like to watch on youtube is memri TV
its the middle -east-research institute who subtiteles sequences of arab TV
it´s so interesting to see some of the talkshows where e.g. the hijab is discussed
the good thing i see about it is, that it broadens our picture of the arab world
its shows the different people, opinions, the discourses taking place=> against the mono-picture a lot of western media try to paint of the arab and muslim world.
Though I lately read that memri mostly translates the sequences which show muslims in a negative light, so surely one has to be aware what kind of picture it paints. But as I´m not able to understand Arab, its a good opportunity for me to understand at least something and it´s interesting to follow a lot of the discussions from women on their own rights.
No comments:
Post a Comment