I´m so excited and glad!just another example of the small world we live in...
i was just taking a look on the online gallery for photography
where some of my friends from this town are involved in,
and was checking up the news
which was that one of the members of this gallery, Kim Thue, is taking part
in a photoexhibition concerning human trafficking in Copenhagen
then i searched the net to find out some more about the event,
organised by quiet injustice, an initiative to end human trafficking.
not just that I´m super excited about the initiative to involve artist,
photographers and musicians and to plan events to make people more aware of the subject of human trafficking... but as I looked further on this page I realised that this is a new initiative
my friend Jessy Rae from Copenhagen started...
two years ago, I remember, a group of international students started doing some free documentary nights in CPH to raise awareness concerning different social or environmental topics.
One night we organised a dox-night concerning human trafficking,
it seemed to Jessy and me like a small thing we could do.
Now I´m so excited to see the work goes on with this topic embeded in her heart
and that people I know from a total different context are involved with it
and yes, also to see that a small thing i was able to help with years ago might have a bigger impact, than i/we would have thought at that time
jessy, you go girl
so on the 30th of april there is the meat market party and exhibition
to fight human trafficking
in the art rebels gallery in Copenhagen
be there if you are in town, maybe we´ll see each other
lets keep on raising awareness on this topic

No comments:
Post a Comment