shouting out mostly arab names of over 90 people
trying to bring them in the order for the check in
on their way to France
I felt most happy in the middle of this chaotic buzzling of
too much luggage, goodbye tears, happy expectations and
children running around
----------------------------------------------------------
Soldiers opened the gate
we sit in containers
15 bunk beds each or more
some are sleeping
there is no air, no breeze, just heat
my body is covered with flies
like everybody else's
here you eat and sleep if you can
"we are living like animals, you now"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I found myself in the most fancy restaurant
sweaty, in harem trousers and worn out t-shirt
eating expensive saffron salmon
trying to follow embassy talks
and being a little insecure in how to use all this cuttlery
-----------------------------------------------------------
My friend and I hiked for hours
down the cliffs
and swam to a bay with natural clay
we covered ourselves
and dried on a stone
-----------------------------------------------------------
I listen to all these young people
"it's better to die than keep on living like this'"
safety and dignity is not the same
and we are left without hopeful answers
we have mainstreamed media
and bombarded the world with advertisment
so that everybody shall want
still we are left with surprise when
everybody seems to take the message seriously
-----------------------------------------------------------
everything is salty
2 comments:
beauty, I love your heart. bless.
Tabean,
Got your lovely postcard which made me miss you... I am glad youre being stretched and challenged. I don't think you'd be satisfied otherwise. I am excited to see you in Sept. and here the stories in person... Love you!!!!!
Post a Comment