Sunday, December 30, 2012

post noel

having too much stuff is one thing I don´t like
buying so much stuff is also something I don´t like
but I still like giving gifts and also getting thoughtful gifts

to not totally get overwhelmed with this whole crazy christmas thing I gave myself some rules to work with:
1. no clutter: a gift needs to be consumable/used in daily life (food, creative supplies, massage ...)
2. wrap with things I have on hand
3. it has to be beautiful (of course in my personal view)

For some friends I made small gifts this year buying some sticky notes and note books.
Developed some patterns and stitched directly on the notebook or on cardbord which I fixed with a textile glue band onto the sticky notes.

Wrapping:
paper bag from zara (inside brown, outside dark blue) and some filling paper from an online-order

Floral stamps and a triangle potato stamp for decoration

no glue,  just sew

paper stripe rings with simple writing and stiching thread for fixing

made some paper stars and clay ornaments for decoration

clay name tags: clay cut into pieces, and names stamped into the clay. after drying, some black color was painted onto the tags and washed off again, so the colour just stays in the stamped letters.

No comments: